Happy New Year & Good Sunday 🌞!
I was able to take 2 full weeks off during the holidays and now I'm back working on my 2nd year as a creator.
I spent 7-8 hours writing up my 2021 annual retrospective. It is a little long, but that's because I have so many lessons I want to share with other creators and digital entrepreneurs.
In summary, this is what I achieved in 2021:
👶 Baby from 0 to 1
🙌 Twitter followers from ~460 to 7.6k
📩 Email subscribers from 27 to 1.4k
🔧 Iterated 4 times on my BIP course
💸 Online revenue from $0 to $10k
🤗 Happiness & fulfilment from 5 to 9
You'll see my revenue breakdown, Twitter growth breakdown, and all the key lessons and mistakes I had as a 1st year creator starting from zero.
⭐ Inspirations for You
- ✍ Content marketing is a lot harder these days. We need to level up how we create content. Read Amanda's tweet thread.
- 💰How a creator can come up with an annual revenue goal and work backwards to build a plan. Read Aprilynne's tweet thread.
🎋 Currently I Am ...
- 🚢 Part of #Ship30for30. I'll be sharing 30 daily atomic essays on my fresh perspectives on the creator journey and Build in Public. Follow this thread for all my essays! If you want to join the next cohort in March, you can use my affiliate link as well.
- 🖍 I just redesigned the Build in Public Mastery website. Enrollment to cohort BIPM3 is coming up on Feb 1. I'm quite happy about the site, tell me if you aren't!
- 🎉 Busy preparing a new fun cohort to help entrepreneurs make friends while learning how to make friends
Did you also write an annual review? I'm a sucker for it so if you've published your learnings, I'd love to read it! Send me the link 😄